Crisp, clean and fresh, white clothing takes over as our summer staple every year. Instantly brightening up any outfit, it’s the colour palette we reach for to channel summer vibes.
Looking for fresh ways to wear white? From signature white shirts to white jeans and dresses, we’ve rounded up ways we’re wearing white for any occasion.
Ways To Wear A White Shirt
Every wardrobe needs a white shirt. Serving as a versatile staple to any capsule wardrobe, a white shirt has work-to-weekend styling covered with ease.
How To Wear An Oversized White Shirt
We’re obsessed with the oversized shirt trend dominating our Instagram feeds right now. It’s up there as one of the hardest working styles in our wardrobe, with endless ways to wear it from casual plans to after-dark weekends.
White Shirt Outfits
We’ve styled an oversized white shirt in three ways:
- Buttoned up, loose over a pair of wide leg jeans takes the oversized trend to a new level opting for a complete relaxed outfit. It also gives a smarter finish to any bottom half whether you’re wearing it with smart trousers or casual denim.
- Unbuttoned over your outfit creates a casual vibe acting more like a shacket but a lighter version for the summer.
- Tied in a knot to the front knocks the smart vibe right down bringing a beachy laid-back vibe into your outfit.
How To Wear A White Blazer
Giving a summer twist to tailoring, a white blazer is just as versatile (if not more) as your signature black blazer. Whether you’re opting for a longline fit or something more cropped to show off your waist, there are so many ways to wear this staple layer.
White Blazer Outfits
- Cropped blazers serve as the ultimate evening layer for dresses with the cropped length showing off your waist and silhouette so you don’t lose any shape to your outfit. They also sit effortlessly against the waist of your jeans whilst elongating your legs.
- Our longline blazers polish off your jeans and a nice top combo for a tailored touch to any after-dark event. The perfect match for blue denim, or a co-ord with white trousers and a contrasting darker base making it evening-ready.
Ways To Wear White Jeans
Summer denim means it’s time to switch out your darker tones for lighter and brighter washes which is where white jeans come in. Perfect for those days you need something more than trousers or leggings but still want to channel the summer vibes.
White Jeans Outfits
- The ultimate casual combo for white denim is a casual printed top and sandals. Our white wide leg cropped jeans are the hero denim offering a loose wide leg fit throughout with stretch. Perfect for warmer days where you don’t want anything too slim fitting and a cropped length to keep you cool.
- White skinny jeans are your go-to for creating going out looks. Figure-hugging and stretchy, you can wear them all night long with comfort wherever you’re heading. Just be wary of people spilling drinks and where you’re sitting! Easy to wear with any going out top and bodysuit – just add heels and your summer going out outfit is complete.
How To Wear A White Dress
Fuel your dress obsession and bring bright whites into your line-up. Whether you’re after something casual or a dressy option for your next event, a white dress will see you through season-after-season.
White Dress Outfits
- Casual white dresses are the ultimate throw-on-and-go style with sandals for those days you’re not sure what to wear but want to look put together. Whether it’s for work or weekends, our animal markings smock dress features a simple scoop neckline and short sleeves. The black sandals tie in effortlessly with the black print too.
- If you love the oversized white shirt trend, you’ll love our shirt dress even more. We love how it’s been styled with trainers for a casual vibe, or amp it up for after-dark plans with bright heels and a matching clutch bag.
- Need something more formal? Make an entrance in this wrap dress bringing a pop of pink to a white base. Featuring short flared sleeves and a side split to the leg, we love how the pink heels and bag make the florals stand out even more.
How To Wear A White Top
You can rely on white tops to wear with any bottom half whatever the season. Whether you’re sporting a basic tee or something more detailed, the white base makes them pair perfectly with all your denim and trousers.
White Top Outfits
- A basic tee tucked into a pair of denim shorts or jeans is such an easy way to put together a low-key outfit that still looks well thought out. The more relaxed fit of these denim mom shorts contrasts nicely with a basic tee tucked in to highlight your waist.
- This smock top features broderie anglaise detail to the hem making it easy to dress up or down. We love how it looks paired with wide leg jeans to highlight your waist even more.
- You can always rely on a t-shirt and cycling short combo during summer and we’re loving how the black and white contrast against each other making the white even brighter – errand days are covered!
How To Wear A White Bag
A white bag is essential for accessorising in summer. Even if you’re wearing a dark outfit, adding a crisp white bag to any outfit instantly lightens and brightens your look.
Our no.1 tip for styling a white bag, and accessories in general, is to make sure it ties in with colours already in your outfit. Whether you’re matching your bag and shoes together, your bag with your top or enhancing the print you’re wearing, it’s the ultimate minimal effort maximum look trick to make it appear like you’ve really thought about your outfit combo.
Like what you see? Check out all of our white plus size clothing in UK sizes 14-40.
How are you wearing white this summer? Show us over on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter using the hashtag #ThisIsYours – you might even get featured!